Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Fair





The Coles County Fair has always been a big deal with my family. I lived so close to the fairgrounds and I don't think I have missed but maybe 1 year since I was born. Audrey had a great time riding rides, watching bull riding, eating a pronto pup, cotton candy and drinking lemon shake-ups! While we were watching the bull riding Audrey said "YUK, What's that smell?" I told her it was manure, to which she replied "or bull poop". Henry had a great time riding the carousel. He started to scream when the ride was over and he had to get off of his horse. Of course, Audrey wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel. Jason isn't fond of heights, and therefore isn't a big fan of the Ferris Wheel. I ended up going with Audrey and I have to say that I think I liked it more when I was a little kid. I don't know what scares me more, the fact that Audrey seems little enough to slip under the bar or that the ride is set up and torn down every week by people that don't appear to be the brightest. Audrey, as usual, was fearless. She told me that she was sure she would be fine on the Ferris Wheel by herself, she didn't need anyone to ride with her.

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers