Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School and Pierced Ears

Audrey's preschool started up again today. She is in the Pre-K class this year. She goes every morning from 9 - 11:30. There are only 7 kids in her class and they are ALL girls! There was supposed to be 1 boy but his mom decided to put him in another class. She wasn't sure he would have much fun. Here is a picture of Audrey on her first day of school. It is actually a recreation. I just took it a few minutes ago because the battery on my camera was dead this morning. She got some new tennis shoes for back to school. They are Disney princess and they light up when she walks. I have to admit that before I had kids I proclaimed that my children would never wear character clothes or hideous light up shoes. Anyway, she loves them, they fit well, and have velcro so she can put them on quickly by herself. She is just going to get them filthy playing on the playground anyway, right? I don't have a picture of her backpack either because Henry decided to pull off the googly eyes from the cute duck backpack. Now it just looks creepy. I have already glued them back on once today so it may just be time for a new backpack. Audrey was most excited about showing the girls at school that she got her ears pierced. She had been talking about it for awhile but when I explained to her that it was like a needle going into your ear, she had always changed her mind. Well we were at the mall on Sunday afternoon and walked by Claire's. She said that she was sure this time and she really wanted to do it. We even walked around awhile thinking she would talk herself out of it again, but she insisted that she was ready to do it. Well it kind of turned into an ordeal. I wanted them to do them both at one time because I was afraid otherwise she would be walking around with only one earring. She sat on my lap and I held her head still, they counted to 3. She sat very still and didn't even jump. It was over with and she was crying a little when one of the girls said "oh, oh this one is too high". One of the earrings was pointed upwards a little and didn't look right. She said that they would have to take it out and redo it. At this point Audrey is sitting there bawling, mad as can be, and won't even lift up her chin and look at the girl. I was just about ready to say take them out and forget it, when the girl told Audrey that she was just going to take that earring out and clean it and put it back in. Well she was lying and repierced it really quickly without telling her what she was doing. After 2 minutes of crying Audrey was fine and had to tell everyone she met that she just got her ears pierced. She told her friend Emma that you just have to be brave and that it only hurts for a minute.

1 comments:

Berkeys said...

I also said my kids will never where light up shoes - and of course they do. =) She's a cutie!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers