Monday, September 29, 2008

Family Reunion

We were at my parents last weekend for the annual family reunion of my mom's cousins and their families. It was a really nice day. It was at Fox Ridge State Park. Audrey and Henry really love to be outside. Audrey spent most of the time playing with a wooly worm. She carried it around, made a little bed for it, gave it a drink of water. I had to babysit for it while she played on the playground equipment. She was actually pretty gentle with it and surprisingly enough it survived the afternoon. I made her put it back in the woods before we left. Henry boycotted all picnic food except chocolate chip cookies. He ran around and got sweaty and played in the dirt. We didn't get home from Charleston until about 10:30. The kids slept in pretty late this morning and we were rushing around to make it to school. I had Mommy Moments at church this morning and had to go because I had invited a neighbor. After lunch we had to go to the mall to get some more cleaning solution for Audrey's ears and we ended up staying a little longer than I had planned. Audrey and Henry were being so good and we just walked around and looked at stuff. Audrey did talk me into buying her some earrings and a earring/jewelry holder thing. Aunt Sara gave her some earrings this weekend and now Audrey is counting down the days until she can switch to the tiny turtle earrings. She has two more weeks. All the stores had out Christmas dresses and Macy's was putting up their trees. Audrey got all excited and said "Is it only a couple of days until Christmas?" She seemed a little confused when I told her it was a few months away. It is pretty confusing to me too, why all the Christmas stuff is out when we haven't even had Halloween yet. I do have to confess that I have already purchased a couple of Christmas gifts and am starting to think about what to get for people. You can never start to early :)

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers