Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

This morning I went to parent teacher conference at Audrey's school. Our neighbors Karianne and Tristan came over to play and stayed with Audrey and Henry while I ran to the conference. It is really nice to have someone close that can help out with the kids. I told Audrey before I left that I was going to her school to talk to her teacher and that her teacher was going to tell me if she had been good or not. I asked Audrey what she thought the teacher would say. She said "that I have been good.... I hope that's what she says!" Well, the teacher said Audrey is doing good and that she is very bright and a leader (code for bossy, know-it-all). I told her my concerns about her always wanting to be the boss when she played with other kids and being pushy. She said that that is sometimes a problem, but that she has made a lot of improvement since school started. She is a really good teacher I think. She has taught kindergarten through 2nd grade in the past. After I came home we all went to IHOP for lunch.

3 comments:

GrandmaK said...

I knew Audrey would do well in school and is a natural-born leader. She and her little brother are both very smart and talented! :)

Grandma Kay

Berkeys said...

I am convinced that the teacher can make or break a kid! Sounds like you guys are adjusting to school well!

Anonymous said...

As for the "bossy" part - I say she's a Drozd Girl. 'nuff said :)

GAB (one of the other Drozd Girls)

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers