Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today has been a busy day! I took Audrey to school and we actually got there early. Then Henry and I went to Cub to get some ground chuck that was on sale. A few days ago I got a freezer cookbook and was all motivated to make a few meals and put them in the freezer for days that I didn't feel like cooking. All of this is an attempt to eat out less. Henry and I came home and I started cooking. I had a turkey breast going in the oven, made a big batch of oven baked spaghetti, was working on taco stuffed pasta shells. I got quite a bit done before I had to pick up Audrey. After lunch Henry and I got haircuts. I decided I had had enough of my hair and got it cut quite a bit shorter and Henry's is pretty short this time too. He looks so much older. Audrey said that we both looked completely different. When we came back home the kids both took a nap and I finished up a batch of crescent ham bundles, and started to clean up the huge mess that our kitchen had become. I think I dirtied every pan, skillet, and mixing bowl we have! I still have a couple of things to make for the freezer but am too tired and think I will work on them sometime else this week. Audrey and Henry got a package in the mail today and they were very excited. It was Halloween treats from GAB and GURay. Both kids tore into the box and now we have little pieces of packing peanuts all over the floor. Audrey can hardly wait for Halloween. She was very excited to put up decorations and she has creepy spiders, bats, and black cat window decals up in her room. My camera batteries are charging so I will post a picture of Henry's new do tomorrow. He looks like a big boy and I don't think I like it!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the package arrived. I tried to find non-chocolate treats - not easy to do. And now that I know Mom is in a cooking mood I guess the cookie mixes will get used.

Hope everyone enjoys Halloween.

Love, GAB (& GURay)

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers