Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Playdate Lunch

We had lunch at Karianne's today. She hosted a neighborhood playgroup/lunch. There were 2 other 4-year-olds there, 1 girl and 1 boy. Audrey had a really good time hiding with Norah from Mason, who was pretending to be a monster. Henry played with Tristan and a couple of other little boys about his age. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well Audrey did with Norah. They are both very opinionated, outspoken little girls that like to be the boss. I was sitting with them around the kitchen table and Audrey was looking at Norah. Norah said "stop looking at me". Audrey just kind of looked at her like what's the big deal, but didn't say anything. Norah said "why are you looking at me, stop it!" I told Norah that Audrey probably just thought she was pretty. Norah says again to stop looking at her and Audrey deliberately looked away and intently stared at her sandwich and said "I'm not looking at you." The whole thing was pretty funny. I was surprised that Audrey did what Norah said and didn't yell at her or keep looking at her just to make her mad. You could tell by the look on Audrey's face that she thought Norah was a little crazy. I think Norah was trying to pick a fight and Audrey didn't take the bait.

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers