Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ughhhhh!



Words cannot express my hatred for wallpaper!! The plan of surprising Audrey with a redecorated room isn't really going to work out how I had planned. The kids are at Grandma Karin and Grandpa John's this weekend and we started on Audrey's room. We have now been working on removing the wallpaper for several hours. We were having a lot of trouble until we discovered the trick was to peel the top layer off while it was completely dry, in as big of sheets as possible, scrapping the little pieces with whatever is left of your fingernails, and then use the Diff wallpaper remover to get the backing layer and some of the glue down, and then scrub the entire wall with soapy water to get the little scraps and glue residue off. Needless to say it is going to take awhile! I have made a vow to NEVER put wallpaper on any wall of any house that I ever own!!! I will post a picture when we get the walls done.....someday.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just ask Auntie Debbie about wallpaper removal. She tried - repeatedly - to get me over to help. I did anything to avoid that. Even helped recover the dining room chairs, but NO wallpaper.

GAB

P.S. "Anonymous" posting seems to be working for me so, for now, GAB=Anonymous

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers