Monday, October 27, 2008

Earring Trauma

Well Audrey's days of having pierced ears was pretty short lived. She had been doing fine with them and they were healed nicely. We had even changed them a couple of times. When she went to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Drozd she had in some different earrings and one fell out while she was sleeping. She wouldn't let Grandma go near her ear to put it back in and said that it hurt. Well, when she got home I wasn't as nice as Grandma Karin and made her let me put it back in. It was a little sore but I thought that was the end of it. Well I thought that the one ear looked a little red so I was cleaning it more often and putting antibacterial ointment on it. Audrey was really complaining about having it cleaned and last night I took the earrings out to clean them really good and she wouldn't let me put them back in. I was afraid she would change her mind later when it was too late to put them back in, but so far she insists that she doesn't care if they close up, that she doesn't want to have pierced ears anymore. I am kinda aggravated about the whole thing, we spent good $ getting them pierced, and she had received quite a few pairs of really cute earrings as gifts. I decided that it wasn't worth fighting her about it anymore. Grandma Kay will be pleased. She didn't think she should have had them pierced in the first place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry, Audrey. I was pretty excited about you having pierced ears. And I, too, had an earring gift lined up. It was pretty special so be sure to let me know if you change your mind.

Maybe you should talk to Auntie Michele. She has LOTS of holes in her ears and they work fine.

Someday you'll like them again.

GAB

Note to Mom: They might not close up too soon. I seldom wear earrings these days and mine are fine. Of course, they were WELL established before I slowed down my wearing of earrings.

Anonymous said...

I must say that I agree with Grandma Kay. She is WAY too young to have her ears pierced. If she doesn't want earings, well, they are her ears. They sell very pretty princess clip on earings these days.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers