Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Jason!!

Today was Jason's Birthday. Yesterday afternoon Audrey and I went shopping for his gifts. She wanted to get him a waffle iron so that he could make polka dot waffles like Emma's daddy made for them at her last sleepover. Jason had mentioned that he would make waffles if we had a waffle iron, so I thought he might actually enjoy Audrey's self-serving gift idea. He and Audrey make pancakes together sometimes on Saturday mornings. I have to admit that I don't ever cook a big breakfast. I'm not a morning person and am usually being drug out of bed by Jason and/or the kids in the morning. I got him a Wii game. We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We always comment on how there seem to be 20 birthdays and hour there, and how it is pretty obnoxious when they bring out the saddle on the sawhorse and whoop and holler. Audrey however thinks it is really fun. She just assumed that they would do this for her daddy's birthday too. Jason hates anything that draws attention to him and even downplays his birthday as a whole. I however agreed with Audrey that it would be fun to see Daddy on the sawhorse and saddle and hear everyone give him a big "Texas Roadhouse YEE HAW" I knew if I told the waitress that it was his birthday he would be perturbed, but if Audrey did it he would have to play along. Audrey told the waitress and Jason wasn't even mad because he saw how excited for Audrey was about it. He did try to put her in the saddle instead, but we told him he had to "ride" because it was his birthday. The people sitting around us were very rowdy and enthusiastic, which made it all the more hilarious. Here is the picture to prove it. I took it with my cell phone and it isn't very good, but I got a picture none-the-less.

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers