Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown

Well, I'm starting to feel the pressure pretty heavily of the upcoming holiday season. Up until last week I have kind of been in denial about how close Thanksgiving is. Time has been flying. Now with it only 2 weeks away, I am going to have to get my act together to get everything done! And right after Thanksgiving we need to start Christmas preparations because I have foolishly volunteered to have a couple of Christmas functions at my house at the beginning of December. Audrey is already practicing Christmas songs for choir at church! I want to start things early because lately it seems to take me a long time to get things done.
This coming week I have a doctors appointment, Henry has his 18 mo. check-up, we have a Thanksgiving "feast" at Audrey's school and a Give Thanks Harvest Celebration at church. Audrey's choir is also singing at church next Sunday, which means that we have to get her there by 7:45 a.m. to get her robe on and to warm up. This will be her first official performance in choir. I can't wait. She is so excited and has been practicing with her CD quite a bit. Well, I need to get busy. There is a mountain of laundry in the basement and we need to go to the store to fill a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child. I am supposed to be coordinating it for our Sunday School class and they are due tomorrow!

2 comments:

Berkeys said...

Go Melissa! =) Hope you have a fun, even though busy, week! Holidays seem too hectic and I'm not sure that's what they were intended to be!

Anonymous said...

FYI...we have begun the thawing process of our 23.5 lb behemoth turkey. Can't wait till next week.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers